|Manufacturer||Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd|
|Composition||Etanercept 50 mg|
Intacept 50 Injection is an immunosuppressive agent used to treat autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, plaque psoriasis, and juvenile idiopathic arthritis. This medicine is not recommended for use in patients with active serious infections.
Uses of Intacept 50 InjectionWhat is it prescribed for?
- Rheumatoid ArthritisThis medicine is used to relieve pain and swelling associated with rheumatoid arthritis, an autoimmune disease that affects the joints, in adult patients. It is also effective in reducing structural damages and improving physical functions in adult patients with moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis.
- Juvenile Idiopathic ArthritisThis medicine is used to relieve pain, swelling, structural damage, and developmental defects associated with juvenile idiopathic arthritis, an autoimmune disease that affects the joints in children aged 2 years and above.
- Psoriatic ArthritisThis medicine is used to relieve pain, swelling, and formation of scales on the skin associated with psoriatic arthritis (an autoimmune disease affects the joints in patients with psoriasis) in adults. It also reduces structural damages and improves physical functions in adults with psoriatic arthritis.
- Ankylosing SpondylitisThis medicine is used to relieve pain, swelling, and structural damage associated with ankylosing spondylitis, an autoimmune disease affects the vertebral column in adults.
- Chronic plaque psoriasisThis medicine is used for the treatment of moderate to severe chronic plaque psoriasis where systemic therapy or phototherapy can be used and use of other medicines are inappropriate.